Erin Chase, of 5 Dollar Dinners, shares her best money-saving tips for the one of the biggest challenges for all of us: getting dinner on the table.
In this episode we cover:
- How to hack ingredients and make meal planning work for you
- "Necessity the is the mother of innovation," How this all came to be.
- A general doesn't send his troops to battle without a plan- think of grocery shopping that way & take on the challenge.
- Using the strategies of: having a meal plan, a specific shopping list and coupons she cut her grocery bill (for a family of 4) from $500 to $250!
- What you need to know about coupons: they are nothing but a marketing tool
- The key is to use them strategically (Erin's motivation): "A dollar off coupon is a dollar you're keeping in your pocket; when you use them strategically at the right time."
- Just starting out on the coupons? Set a realistic goal for yourself: $10 a week using coupons can add up to some real savings.
- How to watch the sales and get the deep discounts on groceries.
- The couponer's high: how you can make the coupons work for you
- The problem with that Extreme couponing show
- Her 20 Meals for $150 at Costco tried to break the Internet
- When she knew that this was an actual business model
- "There's definitely no such thing as small change." Physical change like from the grocery store AND habit change.
- How she works on this business, but still makes sure that her family comes first.
- They say "You can't have it all," how Erin's been able to make all of this work for her.
- How she achieves all the business elements with her team, and how she has moved from a one-person operation to an entire team working for her.
- How she avoids burnout in the business.
- How she has eliminated the mindless scrolling on social media.
- How project management has helped her maximize her time.
You've heard of the Think Enriched Crew, but are you in yet?
You can win a $50 Amazon gift card!
- Take the survey.
- Give the show a RATING & REVIEW.
- Email me email@example.com. In the subject line, simply put DONE + your iTunes Username.
- That's it! You are now entered to win $50 gift card to Amazon (just in time for the holidays.)
Resources mentioned on today's episode:
Subscribe in iTunes. Or Stitcher Radio.
Rate & Review the show.
Have a question. Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.