Heather Shue, of Simply Save Minnesota. shares her story of how she has learned the live teh good life at a cheaper price.
Don't forget to Rate & Review the show. You can win $50 to Amazon!
- How she got started. Just a year ago she was in an entirely different situation.
- How she spent too much in Afghanistan while serving for her country, and what that taught her.
- The moment she realized that if the government were to shut down, what that would do to her.
- How young kids, freshly new in the military, gives full-time salary to 19 year-olds and they don't know what to do with it.
- If kids are not learning money management at home, where are they learning it?
- "Don't fall prey to 'Rental Car Lust.'" That new car feeling when you rent a car is seductive. Don't fall for it.
- Heather re-focused her goals for 2015. Wait until you hear what she did with those!
- She has put her retirement payment above holiday spending to complete the goal.
- The holiday season is not a SURPRISE. They happen every year!
- How she is finding the balance of paying off aggressively her car payments and not dipping into the savings to survive.
- She shares to inspire others that you can break the cycle of living paycheck-to-paycheck!
- Heather has started practicing minimalism, but she says, "Minimalism is HARD."
- "Life can be short. I focus on the things I love and enjoy."
- "It just feels good to just eliminate stuff."
- Experiences matter more to Heather than cleaning, one reason minimalism has been part of her transition.
- Eliminating the clothes has been a process for her. It's one piece at a time that will be leaving.
- How she has evolved as a person working through these goals.
You've heard of the Think Enriched Crew, but are you in yet?
You can win a $50 Amazon gift card!
- Take the survey.
- Give the show a RATING & REVIEW.
- Email me firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, simply put DONE + your iTunes Username.
- That's it! You are now entered to win $50 gift card to Amazon (just in time for the holidays.)
Resources mentioned on today's episode:
Subscribe in iTunes. Or Stitcher Radio.
Rate & Review the show.
Have a question. Send me an email: email@example.com.