Have you felt like you're taking care of everyone around you and you're nearly burnt out?
Or, have you felt like you haven't done anything new in weeks, maybe even months?
This episode is just for you.
The lifelong friend of mine joins us today. This conversation with Mandy Green was pure delight. She loves being a mother & wife, yet had a strong desire to do something more. You won't believe what that led her to do.
In our conversation, we uncover three steps to enriching your life.
Today's highlights include:
- How her parents raised the strong, creative personalities of Mandy and her siblings.
- The influence of Mandy, and our friend, Erika, to live fully in the moment.
- You're empowering everyone else around you when you are full of light.
- Every smart, ambitious woman needs a group of friends like ours.
- Learning Hebrew was difficult for her to grasp. Mandy's solution? Attend Hebrew U in Israel.
- The power of travel in her life.
- Mandy explains the process of how she gained the support & favor of her family before she left.
- Her husband, Brent, in Mandy's words is "The shore to my raging sea."
- When you feel that call and you feel that this is something you should do, it takes courage to step out.
- The pivotal moment in prayer to decide to stay or go back home.
- Throughout her travel, this quote kept her aligned, "Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it." - C. Joybell C.
- "Scared is what you're feeling. Brave is what you're doing." "It takes courage to grow up and become who you are meant to become." - E.E. Cummings
- There are three steps to enriching your life
- You notice it within, a crisis of character. Loss of individuality, your Spirit is empty, and personality suffers. Something has to change.
- This moves you to the phase of curiosity. You are looking. So many people are in this phase. They begin studying and learning so much more about a creative outlet.
- After you've been learning for a while, people come to you and ask to learn. They do this for 2 reasons. First, you have knowledge. You have become an expert, you just didn't notice. And second, you are lit up.
- Her experience in Jerusalem has helped her gain perspective and conquer fear. After living in this situation, she knows her life has a purpose.
- Something bigger guides your life. There's power in consciously choosing to do what you do.
- See humanity to support one another.
- The term helpmeet translated in Hebrew means, "The exact, but the mirror image."
- The hymn of the pearl. The pearl is yours, and yours only. The explosive, exponential force that comes from 2 people who know their purpose working together.
- Marianne Williamson's quote, "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves,'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. It takes to courage to endure the sharp pains of self-discovery, rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives."
- Click on the link to learn more from Mandy online. Giovanni Giocando, Christmas Eve, 1513: "Life is so generous a giver, but we judging its gifts by their covering, cast them away as ugly or heavy or hard. Remove the covering and you will find beneath it a living splendor woven of love by wisdom with power. Welcome it. Grasp it. And you will touch the angel's hand that brings it to you. Everything we call a trial, a sorrow, or a duty, believe me that angel's hand is there. The gift is there. And the wonder of an overshadowing presence are joys too. Be not content with them as joys. As joys, they to conceal diviner gifts. Life is so full of meaning and purpose. So full of beauty beneath its covering that earth but cloaks your heaven. Courage then to claim it. That is all. But courage you have and the knowledge that we are pilgrims together, wending through unknown country, home." Just stay open to the open to new opportunity.
- From Hamlet, "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in mere philosophy, Horatio."
Find more about Mandy Green.
Thanks for listening!
Let's connect on Instagram.