How to Stretch Yourself to Become Your Best
This week I'm delighted to have Jon Stolpe on the show.
- How we connected.
- Why STRETCH is such an important term in Jon's life.
- He's helping men around the country help improve their commitment to fatherhood, family, faith, and work challenges. See the Stretched Men Group for more info.
- How Jon first got to Guatemala.
- The big confirmation that allowed him to go there.
- Jon and his blog audience brought the finances available to build houses.
- His book, Rooftop Reflections.
- How the book, Wrecked, for something good, as Jeff Goins described.
- The socio-economic status of families in the Guatemalan culture. How widows struggle amidst the situation.
- They have built multiple homes in Guatemala to help families of widows in Guatemala.
- Jon's vision to build 100 houses in Guatemala before he passes away.
- The next step in his journey to impact families and involve the community in the process.
- What Jon and his family would like from you.
- How much it costs just to build one house for a family in Guatemala.
- The life change his family experienced through this.
- Jon & his wife chose to sell their home to have more margin in their lives to live, give, and save.
- How they have chosen to live differently to make a greater contribution.
- "Do for one what you wish you could do for everyone," Andy Stanley.
- "You can be extraordinary right where you live with the people you rub shoulders with every day."
- Do a little better. Stretch yourself. Make an impact.
- How difficult it is to translate what that experience was like.
- The Hobbit's parallel and how hard it is to come back to regular life.
- You are not ordinary. You have an amazing opportunity right in front of your eyes. You can change the world for someone else and yourself.
- Do something today. Cause yourself to stretch. Become your best.