Josh Cook, of Family Finance Works, shares his story on Think Enriched!
We look at:
- Josh shares his story
- The low feeling he experienced when making poor money choices
- Kids bring an extra layer of financial accountability
- Why he decided to get a blog out into the world (it wasn't his choice)
- Avoiding the "Squirrel Syndrome." Distractions are everywhere.
- Saving is a discipline.
- You've got to be future oriented to achieve your goals.
- Find those people who help you improve your life.
- You can improve the lives of those around you. Build those friends up. Serve others and build them up.
- How they do The Family Budget. The routine they use to incorporate the goals within the budget.
- Pay the bills manually. See the money go out.
- "Make the spending hurt and the saving easy."
- Have a relationship with your money. Watch the small things- they add up and can bite ya at month's end.
- He's a spread sheets guy with a less detail-oriented wife. How does that work?
- The toughest conversation to get going is a money conversation.
- Don't take it personally. It's teamwork situation.
- "Small improvement is progress."
- "It takes time to build the discipline."
- A budget does not mean you're being punished.
- How an abundance mindset affects your budget.
- Generosity is important to implement in the process. Teaching the kids to give to others helps develop that abundance mindset.
- Give children opportunity to decide how to use money. Example: Josh's children's success with a lemonade stand. And what they did with the money they earned.
- The blanket of negativity that holds you back.
- How to become a more positive person.
- Too many are hopeless with their finances. How that person can get the perspective.
- "Keep it simple. Spend less than you make. There's always hope and help for you."
Questions? Let's talk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to get your finances in order?
- Subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS
- Leave ThinkEnriched an iTunes rating and review
The post: Think Enriched | Episode 25 first appeared on Think Enriched.