Remember in college Psych class you learned about Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?
Basically, there were 5 levels when Maslow first defined it. Now, they've added a few more for a total of 8 levels of needs to achieve self-actualization. And, Maslow hypothesized, that only 2% of our society achieve this. Where are you in the levels?
- Biological/ Physiological Needs: air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep.
- Safety Needs: protection from the elements, security, order, law, stability, freedom from fear.
- Love/ Belongingness Needs: friendship, intimacy, affection & love, from work group, family, friends, romantic relationships.
- Esteem Needs: achievement, mastery, independence, status, dominance, prestige, self-respect, respect from others.
- Self-Actualization Needs: realizing personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth & peak experiences.
Now let me tell you my story.
- If your basic needs (level 1 & 2) are not being taken care of, personally or financially, you won't have the space in your mind to focus on building the bigger things in life.
- By making your regular needs automated, personally and financially, you are able to free up that space to focus, create and build your wealth.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
You've heard of the Think Enriched Crew, but are you in yet?
You can win 1 of 3 copies to be given away of Gallup Strengths Finder 2.0.
- Give the show a RATING & REVIEW.
- That's it! You are now entered to win 1 of 3 copies being given away (just in time for the holidays.)
Subscribe in iTunes. Or Stitcher Radio.
Rate & Review the show.